This is where you can download a test version of Mom.app. I'd like to clarify that Mom.app is a Cocoa user interface and OS X friendly packaging of the OS X port of Mac-on-Linux that is underway by its original author. Before you download,
please make note of the following:
- This is meant as a test only so that people can help me fix bugs :-)
- Please actually read the Readme file fully.
- Since you probably ignore the above -- it takes a virtual machine at
least five seconds before it appears, so just give it a chance.
- I forgot to add X11.app as a requirement. You need it.
- If your Mac OS looks ugly, go to Apple Menu->Control Panels->Monitors and
choose Color Depth: Millions. Ahhh...much better :-)
- You can change resolution under the above control panel as well.
- Networking and sound are currently not supported.
- At the moment, cd/dvd drives that are not recordable are not detected.
- If you restart Mom you can re-open your virtual machines using File->Open
- You should explicitly power down your running vm before quitting Mom
OK. Now that all that is out of the way. Please download here and let me know how it goes: email@example.com.
Thanks in advance for trying this out!
New: Here is information on how to build the darwin version of mol that works with Mom. This will build mol with some minor customizations, and then in step 5 copy it to the appropriate directory inside Mom.app.
Check out the bk sources.
bk clone bk://mol.bkbits.net/devel mol-bk
Apply the small patch found here.
patch -p1 < ../mol-mom-0.1.patch
Build mol (When given the 'menuconfig', just choose the default)
Get the externally built 'drivers'
Run my packaging script called makeDist found here.
makeDist mol-bk   /Applications/Mom.app/Contents/MacOS